Banner adz

Friday, November 14, 2008

Tanya

Little Man's NEW Bed and Window Safety

Little man got a new bed, a loft bed! He loves it! We have taken the bottom bed out and he uses it as fort. So getting this new bed got me thinking how close he now is to the window. He has two windows in his room. One is double hung and I don't like leaving even the fan in it during summer because it is a ground height. So now with this bed he is closer to the higher window, and pretty much could climb/fall right out if he knew how to open it. So I started looking for window safety devices. First off I found out that:

So I found this GREAT product called the Window Wedge. It is made by Randy and Marge of Cresci Products, Inc. Randy is a retired NYPD Detective who remembers responding to many incidents of children falling from windows. This is why he designed the Window Wedge.

Each Wedge is made of durable ABS plastic. They are installed with a easy hook and loop installation method. No tools, no screws, no nails, no window damage. This installation method ensures the safety and security of the window opening (which you control) as well as makes it removable for emergency situations.

Randy suggests that for children's windows you make the opening no more than 4".

Don't have kids? You can still use the Window Wedge to ease you nerves and add some home security. The product is a big deterrent to criminals. The harder they push, the tighter the Window Wedge engages.

So my new friends Randy and Marge were nice enough to send me 4 packages of Window Wedges to give a way to my readers. (Well the actually sent me 6 packs but I used two packs on 4 windows, yes that is correct you only need ONE wedge per window and there are TWO wedges per pack!) I originally thought I only needed the wedge for one window but with another little on the way I started looking at the other windows in our house and which ones the kids have access to, so I used more!

So here is the giveaway. Four lucky winners will receive one pack (two wedges per pack). Here's how to enter.

To enter post a comment why you need Window Wedges in your home. Entries will be accepted through November 30, 2008 and I will pick the winner using Random.org. US readers are only eligible. Make sure you leave an email address in your comment or that you have one accessible on your blog so you can be contacted if you win! I will also list the winner on PRIZEYwinners so if you are a subscriber to PRIZEYwinners you do not need to leave your e-mail address. If you do not send me your mailing address within one week of notice of winning I will give your prize to someone else.
To get extra credit
Bloggers - Blog about this contest and link back to me and leave me the link in your comment.
Non Bloggers (or bloggers) subscribe to my mailing list/RSS feed and earn another entry! Must be a NEW subscription, current subscribers may not sue this as extra credit.
Please post your extra credit in a separate post.

Tanya

About Tanya -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

28 comments

Write comments
VickieC
AUTHOR
November 15, 2008 at 4:34 AM delete

wow,I need because I watch my 2grandsons age 10 months an 3 yrs while their mom works,so they are in a bedroom with windows very low an this would help me a lot,thanks for the chance


vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

Reply
avatar
VickieC
AUTHOR
November 15, 2008 at 4:34 AM delete

I am a subscriber,thanks


vlbelk(at)hotmail.com

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
November 16, 2008 at 5:49 PM delete

Thanks for linking back to SweepsAdvantage, and congrats on the new Littlest Man (or Woman)!

Reply
avatar
Jenna
AUTHOR
November 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM delete

My niece's bedroom is on the third floor of the house. She usually opens her window and plays near it. She knows to stay away, but I would love to put these on her window. Thanks for the giveaway!

Reply
avatar
Reiza
AUTHOR
November 17, 2008 at 6:41 PM delete

We need this because I have 3 kids (and one on the way) including a toddler boy. All of our kids' beds are near windows, so I definitely would feel a lot safer with this.

offthespaceship at myway dot com

Reply
avatar
Anne U.
AUTHOR
November 17, 2008 at 7:26 PM delete

My little guy is just figuring out how to get into everything, and I have doubt he'll figure out the windows soon. I'd love something like this.

Reply
avatar
winvin
AUTHOR
November 17, 2008 at 7:28 PM delete

I need this because I have a son under the age of five. And because the window in his room is original to the house, it doesn't have the built-in latches that our newer windows do.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
November 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM delete

I need these -- both of my children have upstairs bedrooms, and though we've already taken precautions to prevent them from opening their windows, one more safety addition would put my mind more at ease! Thanks!
Megret
musesofmegret (at) gmail (dot) com

Reply
avatar
November 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM delete

wow this is such a great idea and so needed!

Reply
avatar
November 17, 2008 at 10:16 PM delete

We have a two year old little boy, who loves to climb. His room is on the second floor. A product like this would give me peace of mind. I've been looking for something like this. Last summer, I kept is window locked, for saftey sake.

Reply
avatar
jenny
AUTHOR
November 18, 2008 at 2:42 AM delete

wow i realy could use this where i live my little one windo's go out to a flat roof and well by have some of them i know theres going to be no way she can get out and then i know i can keep the windo's open. also on the loft beds never but a young child under the age of 5 on the top bunk part of any kind of bunk bed thay could get heart dont even let them house play on them or a rond them . i know from what happen to my bother when we where kids not olny that but from what happen to my own son and every one knows a trip to the er is no fun when your a kid. just want to let you know thanks

Reply
avatar
moushka
AUTHOR
November 18, 2008 at 8:29 AM delete

We need one in our daughters bedroom. We never open the window in there for fear of them falling out 2 stories.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
November 18, 2008 at 9:05 AM delete

What a great idea. i need this for my grand kids because they love to open and close windows.
clenna@aol.com

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
November 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM delete

I need Window Wedges because my 16-month old is learning how to climb up on everything in the house so I would like to secure the windows, just in case!

Reply
avatar
November 18, 2008 at 11:43 AM delete

Oh wow we could really use these. All of the windows in our house a really low to the ground. Especially in the nursery. The window is about a foot and a half off of the ground and dear daughters crib is not to far from it. We could really use these for when she gets a little older.
livlifelov at yahoo dot com

Reply
avatar
November 18, 2008 at 5:21 PM delete

I need these because I have one of the most active little boy (and I am afraid the littlest one will learn by example). We live in a two story home with all boy's bedrooms upstairs. The one I am most worried about (the 16 year old is fine I hope) has started climbing on things, moving them to where he wants and getting up higher... It is only a matter of time until he wants to see out his windows.

nateandjakesmom at gmail dot com

Reply
avatar
The Banks
AUTHOR
November 18, 2008 at 8:37 PM delete

This could save my sons life! Who wouldn't want one?

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
November 18, 2008 at 8:40 PM delete

My 7 year old keep opening her 2nd floor window. This would help me with peace of mind....

Reply
avatar
cathyhall
AUTHOR
November 18, 2008 at 10:20 PM delete

"Most often, children who fall from windows are boys under the age of 5 who are playing unsupervised"

as you quoted,

my son is 3 and sleeps on the 1st floor. hes just learnt how to open the windows! Scary thoughts.

Reply
avatar
The Mommy
AUTHOR
November 19, 2008 at 5:33 PM delete

We just moved to a new home and our baby is climbing everywhere. I would love these to get some peace of mind. Thanks!
crt4book[at]yahoo[dot]com

Reply
avatar
wigget
AUTHOR
November 25, 2008 at 11:31 AM delete

we need window wedges in our home to keep our little climbing boys safe from harm

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
November 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM delete

These window wedges are perfect! Not just for keeping the little ones safe from falling, but also from intruders getting in! I know I could definitely use them in my neighborhood.

havnfun@fidnet.com

Reply
avatar
Misty
AUTHOR
November 28, 2008 at 10:48 PM delete

well, i deffinetly need these, my daughter at 4 yrs old likes to climb out her window. there is no lock on it, we live in an apartment. we have scolded her but these would be so handy.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

Reply
avatar
Misty
AUTHOR
November 28, 2008 at 10:49 PM delete

subscribed.
mommy2skie@yahoo.com

Reply
avatar
judybrittle
AUTHOR
November 30, 2008 at 3:31 AM delete

I would love this for my daughter. With 5 little children I would feel a little less concerned about their safety. Thank you!
judybrittle at aol dot com

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
November 30, 2008 at 8:03 AM delete

These are a great idea. I would love to win them to use in my boys' bedroom. I have always worried about them figuring out a way to fall out of the window! Thank you for offering this giveaway. rhonda (at) acedesignstudio (dot) com

Reply
avatar
Carliss
AUTHOR
November 30, 2008 at 4:56 PM delete

brillant idea , it will save lives

Reply
avatar